This Article Covers What Is Setback Distance On Highway Roads
Setback distance m or the clearance distance is the distance required from the center-line of a horizontal curve to an obstruction on the inner side of the curve to provide adequate sight distance at a horizontal curve.
It depends on:-
- sight distance (OSD, ISD and OSD),
- radius of the curve, and
- length of the curve.
When the vehicle negotiates a horizontal curve, the direction of rotation of the front and the rear wheels are different. The front wheels are turned to move the vehicle along the curve, whereas the rear wheels seldom turn.
Thank You For Visiting…
Also Check Blog Site KPSTRCUTURES.COM
- Hydrographic Survey It’s Applications And Procedure
- Classification of Surveys
- Track Drainage In Railway System
- Types Of Runway Configurations, Marking And Safety
- Interlocking In Railway And Their Methods
Author & Editor Of This Blog.
Founder Of “KPSTRUCTURES”